Sign Language Video
- The alphabet
- Sign names
- Manners and politeness
- Days of the week
- Sign Language structure
- Rooms in the house
- The bedroom
- The bathroom
- The kitchen
- The dining room
- The lounge
- The weather
- General phrases
“Signing to your child" is hosted by Professor Claudine Storbeck, founder of Deaf Education and the Director of The Centre for Deaf Studies at the University of the Witwatersrand. The video was developed and produced by Maryna Langenhoven, founder of Talking Hands. It was initially released to assist hearing parents with deaf babies, but contains enough vocabulary to cover a broad spectrum of signs and is therefore suitable as a basic training tool.
Who would benefit from purchasing this video?
- Anyone who wants to learn basic Sign Language and be able to have a basic conversation with a Deaf person
- Hearing parents who wish to teach their Deaf baby its first language
- Hearing parents who wish to have early communication with their hearing baby - signs are learnt and communicated before spoken language
- Friends, family and partners of Deaf people
- Students who are studying Sign Language I or other courses to learn basic Sign Language
The video does not have subtitles and is therefore not suitable for hearing people who became deaf later in life.